As Lagosians tussles and hustles at the early hours of Thursday, a sad event unplanned occurred as a gas cylinder store exploded as a result of leakage.
This occurred at Adule Street, Off Ojo Road, in Ajegunle area not to far from Apapa axis, in Lagos State.
Confirming this incident to newsmen, the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA) confirmed the death of two persons and about 23 people seriously injured with burns.
Also confirming this sadonic development to the News Agency of Nigeria was the Director-General of LASEMA, Dr Olufemi Oke-Osanyintolu.
Further investigations unraveled that the fire ignited as a result of a phone call by an unidentified resident.
“This spread to other nearby shops and a bungalow behind the shops.
According to a report by an Ngg press on ground at the scene, those who lost their lives were two children, a male and female living in the bungalow where the explosion extended to.