When you think of a Smoothie, you probably think of just fruits and Ugwu leaves sure do not come to mind.
Why not try switching up and add a vegetable this time around?
The Ugwu leaf is loaded with iron, a mineral that is key to improve your blood production level.
Here is an easy recipe on how to prepare it:
What you need
- A blender or food processor
- Ugwu leaves (Pumpkin)
- One Orange or Pineapple
- One banana
How to prepare
- Rinse the Ugwu leaves properly to remove any dirt on it. (You don’t need to slice the leaves)
- Chop the banana into pieces
- Squeeze the juice out of the orange or pineapple ( Better to use the squeezed juice instead of water)
- Place everything into the blender and blend till its really smooth
- Pour the smoothie into a glass and drop in some ice cubes if you want it chilled.
- An optional method will be using milk instead of banana.
Watch the video below by SISIYEMMIE