Gizdodo is basically gizzard, dodo and stew, but let’s be ‘tush’ and call it Gizdodo and have a good recipe for it!
Here is a good recipe on how to prepare:
- Pepper (ata rodo, green pepper, red pepper)
- Vegetable oil
- Salt, thyme, curry
1. Wash gizzards properly with warm water and some salt- there’s a yellow lining in the gizzard, please take it off.
2. Add gizzards to the pot, season as you normally would – with salt, thyme, curry, onions, maggi and allow cook for about 40 minutes.
3. Cut ripe plantain into cubes and deep fry. The healthy option is to put it in the oven but it ain’t dodo if it doesn’t go into that big pot of oil.
4. Blend your tomatoes, onions and ata rodo. If you like you can add tatashe to add more colour to it.
5. Cut your cooked gizzards into smaller pieces to it can match your cubed plantains, then fry till it’s brown.
6. In the oil used to fry the gizzard, add some curry first, then thyme, then onions and chopped green pepper, add your tomato mixture and allow to fry.
7. When it is cooked, pour in your fried gizzards, add some of the stock 8.Taste for salt. Cover and allow the gizzard and stew to cook together for about 3 minutes.
9. Finally, add the dodo, Combine together, allow simmer.
This video by Sisi Yemmie will also be of help