Fri. Jan 24th, 2020

Financial Independent: Harry and Meghan to still get $m from British taxpayers

Remember Wednesday how ngg.ng reported that the royalties, Prince Harry and Duchess of Sussex Meghan decided that they are stepping away from their official roles as part of the royal family and will begin dividing their time between England and North America.

They also said they would work toward becoming what they called “financially independent.”

Friday, CBS News has reported that financial independence for a royal couple isn’t the same thing as, say, the average millennial getting kicked out of their parents’ basement.

For one thing, Harry and Meghan are not giving up what is technically their grandmother’s home.

Harry and Meghan said in their announcement their official residence would remain Frogmore Cottage, which is located in Windsor and is owned by the Queen.

The cottage was renovated last year with a whooping sum of $3 million taxpayers money.

A review of Harry and Meghan’s announcement on their websites (Sussexroyal.com) suggests they will continue to collect about $3.3 million a year from the British government, and perhaps a good deal more, even after declaring their financial independence.

They explain they will no longer accept money from the taxpayer-funded Sovereign Grant, which has covered 5 percent of their expenses.

But they are silent on whether they will continue to get support from Harry’s father, Prince Charles.

Spread the love

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *