As reactions continues to trail from the colossal dismissal of Emeka Ihedioha(PDP) as Imo state governor by Supreme Court and the emergence of Hope Uzodinma (APC) as the state governor, the members of All Progressive Grand Alliance(APGA), Action Alliance(AA), People’s Democratic Party (PDP) in Imo state House of Assembly have started defecting to the ruling All Progressive Congress(APC), for different reasons.
Tuesday, about nine members of the state’s House of Assembly lawmakers defected to the ruling all progressive congress after the Speaker of the House, Chiji Collins decamped from PDP to APC to retain the speakership position shortly after the Supreme Court ruling sacking Ihedioha.
List of defectors:
1. Arthur Egwim(Ideato North) defected from Action Alliance, AA, to APC.
2. Amarachi Iwuanyanwu(Nwangele) defected from PDP to APC.
3. Obinna Okwara(Nkwerre) defected from AA to APC.
4. Chidebere Obulimba(Okigwe) defected from PDP to APC.
5. Paul Emeziem(Onuimo) defected from APGA to APC.
6. Ekene Nnodumele(Orsu) defected from APGA to APC.
7. Duru Johnson Onunaka(Ideato South) defected from AA to APC.
8. Ngozi Obiefule (Isu) defected from AA to APC.
9. Herculus Okoro(Ohaji-Egbema) defected from PDP to APC.
Also, the House of Assembly Deputy Speaker, Okey Onyekanma of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, also resigned his position as the deputy speaker of the House. He resigned his position because of the zoning formular as he is from the same constituency with governor Hope Uzodinma.
This defections provides APC with 10 members in the state House of Assembly.