Yemi Eberechi Alade who is popularly known as “Yemi Alade” is one artiste that seems to be the rave of the moment in the Nigerian music scene. The Afro-pop artiste first appeared on our screens in 2009 when she won the maiden edition of Peak talent show and has since not looked back. She has delivered to the Nigerian music scene hit after hit and from all indications, she will be around for a very long time.
Here are 5 reasons why we love Yemi Alade:
- Her hairstyles: When it comes to hair, no one does it better than Yemi Alade. With her signature front bun hairstyle which she always recreates and re-invents, Yemi has created for herself a fashion statement which stands her out.
- Her dress sense: Known for her African attires, Yemi Alade always appears all glammed up and ever beautiful. Her attires always have a touch of Africa to them, constantly reminding all Africans to be proud of their heritage.
- Her songs: We definitely cannot talk about Yemi Alade without mentioning her songs. Only Yemi Alade can turn a heartbreak song into a disco hit while yet passing her message across. She has consistently delivered hits such as Johnny, Tangerine, Kissing and lots more. We are definitely looking forward to more from her.
- Her stage performance: Once in a while, an artiste comes along with great vocal skills, electrifying dance moves and the ability to engage and entertain his/her audience throughout a performance. Once in a while, the Nigerian music scene witnesses a Yemi Alade. She is real, pleasing to watch and undoubtedly one of Africa’s finest performers.
- She is the King of Queens: When passion meets skill and a great personality, royalty is born. This is definitely the case with Yemi Alade. Having been nominated for several awards such as BET’s best international act: Africa, NEA’s female artist of the year, MOBO Awards Best African act and lots more, Yemi Alade is definitely the “King of Queens”.
Written by: Somtochukwu Obinna-Njoku (for www.ngg.ng )