According to the reports, there was a fire out break at Number 11 Tejuosho street, behind Tejuosho market on Thursday.
The fire was said to have started at around 3:30 pm following an electric power surge in a fabric loaded room at the upper floor of the house.
It was further revealed that fire consumed the first floor of the building but the Lagos State Emergency Agency and the Federal Fire Service did their best to curtail the fire from affecting the ground floor and adjourn ing structures.
Following a joint inspection carried out by LASEMA and Lagos State Building Control Agency (LABSCA) officers, the Lagos State Government revealed that “the effect of the fire was heavy such that a section naturally collapsed at the upper floor.
It was noted that the structure was defective with no columns and was sinking even before the fire. The distressed building has been totally brought down to ground zero level as the place is now safe from further disaster.”