The Nigerian Immigration Service said it has commenced the production and printing of the new Water Resistance E-Passport.
Speaking at the rollout in its Alausa office in Ikeja, Lagos, NIS Comptroller-General, Muhammed Babandede, said the new passport has the latest security features and biometrics that comply with International Civil Aviation Organisation standards.
See the features and qualities the new water resistance E-Passport have;
- Supplemented Access Control (SAC), which is the latest set of security features on e-passports.
- The enhanced e-Passport is in three categories:
- (1).32-Page Five-Year validity@#25,000:00;
- (2).64-Page, Five-Year validity@#35,000:00;
- (3). 64-Page, 10-Year validity@#70,000.
- It has Polycarbonate Data Page with laser printing as against the existing passport which is printed with ink on hard paper.
- It has Multiple Laser Image (MIL) which is an added security that guards against forgery.
Applicants for any of these are advised to visit http://immigration.gov.ng,click on Passport, make their applications and payments ONLINE by themselves.