1. In the South west, it is only Lagos State that pays the new minimum wage. (Commendable).
2. In the South East, no state pays new minimum wage.(this is sad)
3. In the South South (with oil money) no single state pays. (States in this region are totally disconnect from the people inspite the huge money that comes to each of them. Very sad. Extremely sad indeed).
4. In the Noth Central none. (Their financial status is understandable but not, in my candid opinion, strong enough to hold these States excused).
5. In the North East, only Adamawa State pays the new minimum wage (The State must be commended for her political-will to align with the wishes of her civil servants.)
6. In the North West Kaduna …Jigawa,Kaduna and Kebbi pay the new minimum wage (Interesting. Commendable. For connecting with the civil servants in each of these States. I salute the States.)
1. Out of 5 states currently paying the New Minimum wage, 4 are from core North Muslim states.
2. No single Christian State is paying. Lagos is a mixed State.
3. None of the 4 core oil producing States of Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, Delta, Rivers are paying. (Despicable. Unscrupulous. Insane. Disappointing)
4. The 4 oil producing States of the South have more allocations than the 19 States of the north combined yet, 4 States in the North are able pay the new minimum wage. No single State in the South is. (Correct observation and it is absolutely unacceptable)
The four States paying new minimum wage are all from the core North….
In summary, Buhari is really not our problem…! (The citizens of these States must not only begin to criticize their respective States’ governments but must also begin to interrogate their leaders in these States). It is indeed such a big shame.
Call it “financial marginalisation”, you are right.
I wonder where the greater injustice and evil to the people resides, at States or at PMB’s federal level?