The Police Service Commission (PSC) has approved the promotion of 6,618 senior officers, one Assistant Inspector General (AIG), four Commissioners and three Deputy Commissioners.
The Head, Press and Public Relations of the Commission, Mr Ikechukwu Ani, disclosed this in a statement on Friday in Abuja.
Those promoted includes;
1. AIG to Deputy Inspector General of Police (DIG), Mr Olushola Oyebade, currently at the National Institute of Policy and Strategic Studies, was to represent the Southwest Geopolitical Zone.
2. Four Commissioners of Police (CPs), including one specialist, promoted to the rank of AIG are Aisha Abubakar, Asuquo Amba, Nekereuwem Akpan and Olafihan Adeoye.
3. Three Deputy Commissioners of Police (DCP), Jonathan Towuru, Abiodun Alabi and Akande Kayode to the rank of substantive CPs.
4. Eight Superintendents of Police were promoted to the rank of Chief Superintendents.
5. 607 Deputy Superintendents also got promoted to Superintendents.
6. 206 Assistant Superintendents of Police were promoted to the rank of Deputy Superintendents.
7. 5,786 Inspectors were elevated to the rank of Assistant Superintendents.
Speaking, the Chairman of the PSC, Alhaji Musiliu Smith congratulated the senior officers promoted and said that they were promoted based on Merits and Seniority. NAN