Unripe plantain porridge is one meal that has a lot of amazing benefits to the body. It is the best meal for people suffering from diabetes and a good source of calcium and iron.
Garnished with ponmo, fresh fish and lots of onions and vegetables, this meal is a great choice for anybody.
- 4 medium sized Unripe plantain
- Palm Oil (about 10cl
- Fresh tomatoes (3-5 balls
- Fresh red pepper
- 2 bulbs of medium sized onions
- 2 cubes of maggi (sweetener)
- Meat of Choice
- Fish of choice
- Crayfish (2-3 spoons)
- Ugu Vegetable (pumpkin leaf) [optional]
How to prepare
1. Once the meat and fish are properly parboiled, you can remove the fish and continue cooking with the meat.
2. Add about 10cl of red (palm) oil, add a cup of water (about 75cl), about two spoons of ground crayfish, salt to taste. Also, add your seasoning cube as desired.
3. Allow to cook.
4. Add the sliced plantain, spray the sliced tomato/onions/fresh pepper at the top, add the fish and cover to cook for 15-20 minutes.
5. Check to see if the water is dried and the plantain is properly cooked, add your ugu vegetable, lower the heat and allow to simmer for two to three minutes
6. Stir all together and you are set with a delicious pot of plantain porridge.